Friday, April 13, 2012

Encouragement

We received a sweet little package from my Mom yesterday.  In it, she sent a magnet with a verse that was perfect for yesterday (and for our journey ahead).  It gave me precious and much needed encouragement, as my heart continues to struggle not to worry about the details of this huge undertaking of adoption.

1 John 5: 14-15

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  That if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him."

I trust the Lord has brought us to this point.  I trust this is the path He is leading us down.  So I can cling to this promise:  It is of Him, so we can trust Him to accomplish what He has in it.  If it is His will, it will happen.  If it is His will, we have what we ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment