Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One Year Blogversary

I kept meaning to check when my Very First Blogpost was and I missed it.  I knew it was in September but kept forgetting to check back.  Well, last week marked one year of blogging.  I started September 27, 2010.  Shortly before I started the blog we had made the decision to move to Korea and I decided to start as a means of keeping people up to date with us while we were gone.  Last night Steve and I took Caleb to a park near our apartment and the three of us were swinging together and talking and remembering back to last year in September and all our thoughts and prayers and decisions over weather or not to make this move around the world.  In many ways time has gone fast and I can't believe we are almost to our one year mark.  In other ways, so much has happened and changed this year.  It's been an adventure, that is for sure.  And even though it has been hard, I know it is exactly where the Lord wants us and I can't really picture it any other way.

So here I am, still blogging a year later.  Here we are, living cross culturally, eating foods we never had heard of last September, raising a son who now bows and says 안녕하세요 when he sees someone, getting used to ministry life and all that entails, growing to love people we didn't even know last year, apartment living and boasting a purple toilet to top things off.

But we only live once, right?  Best not to waste it.  And it's these times and these grand adventures that make up the life we live.  It's these things we'll look back on when we're old and not regret, these memories we'll laugh and talk about for years to come.  J.J. R Tolkien has been rattling around my head:
The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
The mold of your life is in
your hands to break.
The greatest adventure is there if you're bold.
Let go of the moment that life makes you hold.
To measure the meaning can make you delay;
It's time you stop thinkin' and wasting the day.
The man who's a dreamer and never takes leave
Who thinks of a world that is just make-believe
Will never know passion, will never know pain.
Who sits by the window
will one day see rain.
The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
The mold of your life is in your hands to break.
The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
.
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary, Sarah! Hopefully we'll get a chance to get to know each other better in the coming days. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Looking forward to the time this blog becomes a book! Great writing, great heart, great Inspiration. One of my 1000 Blessings!

    ReplyDelete