Sunday, December 18, 2011

Advent

I love Advent, always have.  And it is just that much more fun with a toddler in the house...teaching Caleb the Christmas Story has been a lot of fun this year and watching precious little 22 month old self start to process it has been even more special.

Some friends of ours here in Korea (aka Emma's Parents), had an extra sturdy wood Nativity set that they gave us and it has served as a great visual for Caleb as we talk about Jesus being born and as we read the Bible and other Christmas stories to him.

Came out to our living room one morning to find he had taken the entire set down off the shelf and rearranged:


Well, I guess it would make sense that they would be housed in his Fisher Price barn set, instead of the open shelf, wouldn't it?  I asked him what he was doing and he said "Jesus born in manger in stable...."  Yes, I suppose that is how the story goes, isn't it?




Of course since I thought it was totally adorable and took a few pictures, he felt it was okay to regularly take them all down and rearrange....we've found him explaining the story in several settings to several of his stuffed animals:



He was explaining to Buddy the Bear, "Shepherds, wise men, sheep, all 'wined up to see baby Jesus"


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is soooo adorable! I cried watching this video and reading this blog. I love that he gets the "hands on" experience with the manger set. More kids need that in this special season! Merry Christmas! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so special and precious! God is going to do amazing things with that little boy! I'm glad you have made good use of the nativity set this year instead of it just sitting up in a box packed away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very happy to see a few new blogposts I had not read yet! ...I think the last time I blogged...was September?? yikes!!

    I love your heart for your family and for Jesus. The way you are raising Caleb, loving Steve, being faithful to Christ, learning, growing and stretching in your strengths and weaknesses...it is a HUGE honor to read about it and to have been a part of it once upon a time in YWAM :)

    Merry Christmas Houser Family, we are praying for you and missing you from afar!

    Love
    Angela and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just ever so precious too! Makes me think of... Jesus loves His little Children..." The face of Jesus is so definitely shining in Caleb's heart and face! I'm so proud of how you & Steve are raising him! I feel it an HONOR to read your blogs daily - well okay... when blogs are updated...:o) I love how you write and I love how you all three love Jesus the way you do! I love all three of you too! All my love, hugs and continued prayers, aunt NJ in SD!

    ReplyDelete