Saturday, May 26, 2012

Man in Training

Two weeks ago when we were watching the girls for the week, one of the girls told Caleb (who was whining) that he should act like a big boy.  His immediate come back was, "I'm not a big boy! I'M A MAN!!"

And that he is - a little man in training.  I find myself forgetting that way too often. I need to parent with this in mind.  We were recently gifted a copy of Voddie Baucham's "What He Must Be If He Wants To Marry My Daughter" and I have it on my "to read soon" list as a reminder of the values and lessons Caleb needs to be learning now (and in the next years) in order to grow into a man.

One of his recent "jobs" is to help daddy with garbage duty.  He doesn't do it all the time (many days we don't have time to wait for a two year old to carry the garbage down 3 flights of stairs and to the other end of the apartment complex) but when we have time, he does surprisingly well with carrying his bag of garbage right along side dad.


Makes me proud to see my little man in training! He takes his "jobs" very seriously and it is just so darn cute!

1 comment:

  1. Lil' man, will you please come & take my garbage out too?! It is sooo much handier & easier for you cuz our garbage dumpster is right next door to me!! :o) So cute... I love you! Love, More Hugs & Prayers, aunt nj in SD :o)

    ReplyDelete