Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adoption Update

Where are we at with our adoption?  It's been a while since we shared much of an update and that is mostly because there hasn't been much to share!  We finished our home visit with our social worker almost three weeks ago and we are now waiting.  We are waiting mostly for some final documents to be returned (our certified birth certificate, our back ground checks and certified marriage certificate).  I am also waiting on my husband to finish his personality inventory (hint, hint).  We are nearing the end with this and mostly just praying for speedy return of our documents and a smooth process as we complete the home study and begin completing our dossier.

Meeting with our social worker


We are still really excited about adopting and the little one the Lord has for us.  He/She is often in our thoughts and prayers.  But we are beginning to realize what a lengthy process this will be and I think that stifles our excitement just a little bit, knowing it will likely be a while before we see this little one into our home and family.

Please continue to pray for wisdom for us in this process and for the Lord's guidance.  Pray for the process, pray for the child, pray for our hearts in this and for the Lord's leading.  Also, please continue to pray that the finances will come in and please consider donating.  We will need about another $2,000 once our home study is closed out so we can pay the agency fee and move forward.

Thank you for your continued questions, excitement, support and prayers.  They really mean so much!

1 comment:

  1. Hi all. I'm continuing my prayers concerning adoption. I continue my excitement & joy with you as you continue on with this slow but exciting journery God is leading you. I can't wait to see/hear what God does as we patiently wait upon Him for His will to be done. "Ps. 46:10 "Be still & know that I am God" Praying this verse tonight as we await His plans. And just a few lines of a song I am thinking of - I don't know if you know it or not but the main part: "I'll stand and trust,
    I'll stand in faith,
    I will not be shaken."
    Our Jesus is forever faithful so with you all, I believe in Jesus & I belive in His will and plans He has for you and the little one you may one day be bringing home. Rejoicing with you always! And giving God the glory because our prayers are already answered. We just get to "wait" in Jesus!
    I love you! Much much love, hugs and prayers, aunt nj in SD :o)

    ReplyDelete