Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Surprise Birthday Cake

Michelle surprised me Tuesday  night at small group and brought over this beautiful, delicious (and very thoughtful) birthday cake.



It was gorgeous, tastey and made completely out of fruit (with a styrofome base).


Impressed?  I know I was!


It was especially thoughtful because (although I have yet to post about this) Steve and I are in the midst of a 30 day challenge called Whole30.  We are on day 18, with 12 days to go!  Basically, we've cut out all sugar, processed foods, grains, dairy, and legumes.  We are eating tons of veggies, meat, eggs, healthy fats, nuts and some fruit.  I keep meaning to post about it and our reasons behind this challenge but have yet to do so.....For now, please know if you recently sent us a really fun box of goodies (which many of you so  thoughtfull did!), Steve can't wait to get his hands on them in 12 days and they are providing added incentive!  We really appreciated the treats and they will be enjoyed. Just not for another 12 days or so.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful friend to make this for you. : ) Nice surprise and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete