Friday, September 30, 2011

Sweet Boy

So lately I sometimes don't know what to do with myself with all the "spare time" I have.  Caleb is in a phase of just going off by himself for long periods of time, entertaining himself.  I'll go find him on the porch playing with his legos or in his reading corner reading or on some chair reading his Bible or playing trucks or kicking his soccer ball around.  It's seriously so weird for me.  It's the first time in 20 months that I haven't had a little crying for my attention, needing something or crying at my legs to be carried.  I feel like I have oodles of time to get my dishes done, mop and sweep the floors on a regular basis, cook meals, plan meals, blog, study, etc etc etc.  It's like a new found freedom.  So strange.  Not sure how long it will last but for right now, it's really nice. 

Here is a long (ish) video clip of me "spying" on him during one such loooooonngggg quiet spell.  I thought you might enjoy.  It gets more interesting around 45 seconds or so, if you want to skip ahead.  Also, I really have no idea what he is saying.  Most of it is jiberish with a few "real words" peppered in.


And no, that is not his bedroom. He is still camped out in the office in his pac'n'play because his room is ripped apart from the mold and water leak upstairs.  We are waiting as our landlord and the upstairs neighbors argue over who is responsible to pay for fixing it....something tells me it may be a while before Caleb's room is liveable again. 

1 comment:

  1. That is too sweet! Your big boy reading his bible, ah it makes my heart melt! I love love love that he knew what the gospel meant, you two are doing a great job parenting him. Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete