Monday, November 29, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

We must have accidentally stowed some MN weather in one of our bags because last night IT SNOWED. 



First snowfall of the year here in Korea and early at that. 



I woke up in the middle of the night and noticed it falling peacefully, covering everything below.



I don't usually enjoy winter but I do enjoy a pretty snowfall now and then, so maybe Korea and I will get along after all....



Apparently the temps don't drop as low as in MN and the snow comes several times but doesn't last long. 



By 9am this morning on my walk to church, it was already starting to melt some



and when I left around 2pm it was warm and sunny again.



Oh and PS here in Korea they really do have "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" in little roadside stands that you can stop and buy along your way. 


Happy Christmas Time!

2 comments:

  1. I am weepiing as I watch the Kimche unfold, I am so very proud of you! I weep to see "lil C" blondd head and remember like yesterday your own ltttle head surrounded by Gola women in West Afria. Thank you for going to this amazing special event, thank you for trying some and for sharing it with us! Oh how i long to share it with you someday, Lord willing!!! I love you so much, its been so fun to see blogs and to do skype with "lil c" -- he is growing up too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow doesn't last long!!!!! Chesnuts roastin on an open fire! How cool! I've never tried it or seen it.

    ReplyDelete