Sunday, December 12, 2010

Enjoying Caleb's first Advent

I think I mentioned before, Steve and I have been doing a really rich yet simple daily advent reading that has helped us focus on the true necessity and deep love that Christmas represents.  It has been really meaningful to dwell there these past weeks.  I have also enjoyed introducing Caleb to one of my favorite childhood traditions during advent:  Advent Calendars!  My mom tucked a great one in our suitcase before we left that contains a short biblical truth for each day. 



 Each morning Caleb "helps" me open a window.  He seems to enjoy it. He has been really good at turning pages in books for a few months now, so this was a concept he caught on to right away.  It is just like turning pages in a book, except with your pointer finger!  And no, mom, we have not cheated! Only one a day.


Blessings on your Advent Season ~ May it be filled with sweet scripture reminding us of Christ humbling Himeslf to human form because of our need for a Savior.

"He was wounded for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace and with his stripes we are healed.  All we like sheep have gone astray, we have turned every one to his own way, and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all"


1 comment:

  1. "And no, mom, we have not cheated! Only one a day." This got a great LOL from me!! ; )

    ReplyDelete